Versatile may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of steel cut oats, but truth be told this breakfast staple is anything but boring in the ingredient department! So today, we’re sharing three unique (yet yummy) steel cut oat recipes for ANY meal of the day!
From Breakfast To Dinner... Steel Cut Oats Used Two Ways!
- Team Ambrosia
Overnight Oats – Brit, Team Ambrosia
- 1/3 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ of an apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
Meatloaf Muffin Tins – Carrie, Team Ambrosia
- Mix all ingredients into a container
- Cover and store in the refrigerator over night
- 1 1/2-2 Lbs Ground Beef (or ground chicken)
- 2T Onion Soup mix (from Ambrosia without the MSG)
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 C Organic Steel Cut Oats
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 C Pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except the pasta sauce in a large bowl. Do not over mix.
- Lightly spray a 12 muffin tin and fill each with the meat mixture. Top each Meatloaf with pasta sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.