Although we may
have swapped our bathing suits for fall jackets weeks
ago, that doesn’t necessarily mean that we should have to give up on our “summer glow” quite yet! There are SO many easy, natural ways to maintain that healthy, sun-kissed look year ‘round, and today we’re sharing a few of our favourites over here at Ambrosia!
Stay Sun-Kissed This Winter – Brit, Team Ambrosia
Although I do
appreciate each and every season for various reasons, I always find myself feeling rather envious of my summer glow when we’re knee deep in snow during the winter months… Pale is simply just not a good look for me.
Bathing suits, shorts & sandals may
be a bit of a distant memory, however that doesn’t necessarily mean that your summer glow has to fade as well. And NO, I’m most definitely NOT talking about achieving a “faux glow”
by rushing to your nearest tanning salon or picking up the latest, conventional sunless tanner off the shelves! Today it’s all about getting that glow naturally… it may be easier than you think!
Here are a few tips!
Eat a Well-Balanced Diet
– Laying the foundation for healthy skin through eating a well-balanced diet is quite possibly the MOST important step toward achieving a “glow”! The goal here is glow from the inside out by eating nutrient-dense, whole foods that give your skin some added vibrancy! Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Vitamin A (for dewy, even-toned skin) – sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli etc.
- Vitamin E (helps combat dry, flaky skin) – nuts, asparagus, broccoli etc.
- Flavanoids (for a glowing appearance) – citrus fruits, kale, berries etc.
need to make sure that you’re getting enough sleep… this is TOTALLY non-negotiable! Sleep is our body’s time to repair itself… especially
our skin cells!
Having troubles in the sleep department? Here’s my favourite tricks:
- NEVER bring work or school into the bedroom! You’ll start to associate this space with stress, which is not good if you want to drift off into a soothing slumber.
- Leave the T.V./computer in the family room. The light emitted off of these devices can affect the release of your sleep hormone, melatonin!
- Spritz some lavender essential oils onto your pillow case… so relaxing!
- Try wearing Life Candy sleep masks sold at Ambrosia! These masks completely block out any light, which helps facilitate the release of our sleep hormone melatonin! *** Ps. These would make for a GREAT stocking stuffer!
*** Self-tanning Tip:
Natural Blushes or Bronzers – This is going to give you that instant glow; all you have to do is apply! Some of my personal, favourite blushes or bronzers that we carry here at Ambrosia are from Zuzu! Both the Zuzu & Zuzu Luxe lines have GREAT options when it comes to bronzers that are natural, gluten-free, cruelty-free and vegan. Zuzu has a wide variety of blushes and bronzers for many different skin tones! Their Luxe line carries the mosaic illuminator in three different tones, which allows you to play with different contrasts, and highlights!
Self-Tanners – We carry a couple of different self-tanners here at Ambrosia that contains NO parabens from brands like True Natural. These products are vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free and 100% free from harmful ingredients! This particular brand utilizes vegetable-derived DHA and Erythrulose in order to achieve a natural, sunless tan!!
Be sure to exfoliate BEFORE applying self tanner! This ensures that your skin will have a nice, even tone and will reduce patchiness and blotches!! You can make your own exfoliant by mixing 2 parts of any sugar or sugar replacement and olive oil! Add essential oils if you want to make it scented!
How do you keep you summer glow?!