Did YOU know that Cacao is one of the greatest Superfoods out there?! Cacao is chalk full of all kinds of really great components like antioxidants and nutrients – specifically ones that are beneficial for both your brain and cardiovascular health. Not to mention, the properties found in Cacao can help foster and enhances the effectiveness of other minerals and nutrients in the body! ANNNNNND there is no added sugar… making it a REALLY great alternative to use in your baked goods! Speaking of baked goods… shall we dive in?! Below are three different recipes that could NOT be more perfect for the holidays! ENJOY! Tip: This particular Cacao Powder is incredibly easy to use! Simply swap 1:1 in any recipe that calls for baking cocoa!!! 1. Chocolate Peppermint Avocado Truffles
- 1 ripe organic avocado, mashed
- ¾ cup dark chocolate, melted
- ½ tsp. Ambrosia’s Own Vanilla Extract
- Navita’s Cacao Powder
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Melt dark chocolate in a pan over stovetop
- When the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, pour into a separate bowl with mashed avocado and stir together.
- Add in vanilla, and peppermint extracts
- When fully combined, place this bowl into the refrigerator for thirty minutes
- Remove from refrigerator, scoop into 10-12 balls and roll until smooth.
- Roll each ball in the Navita’s Cacao Powder and serve.
Ingredients: Gingerbread Mix 1 cup water 1 cup coconut sugar 1 teaspoon Ambrosia's Own Cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 of a 3.5 oz chocolate bar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tbsp Navitas Cacao Powder
- Combine all of the gingerbread mix ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Bring to a boil
- Once it comes to a boil, let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add in the chocolate bar and almond milk
- Allow ingredients to combine, stir
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir in vanilla and two eggs to melted butter and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together cacao powder, flour, salt and baking powder
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients – stir together
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Pour brownies into baking pan
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Add marshmallows to garnish!
Organic Brown Rice Flour, Namaste Waffle & Pancake Mix or any organic flour - 1 -1 1/2 cups
Navitas Cacao Powder - 1 table spoon
Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips - as many as you like
Maple Syrup 1/4 cup
Baking Powder (not required, adds more fluff)
Water - as needed
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Add a bit of oil to a frying pan - on medium high heat
- Pour the batter onto the frying pan (using roughly 1/4 cup for each pancake)
- Cook on each side until bubbles appear
Will you be trying any of these?!