Fan of timbits?! Well prepare to have your mind positively blown
with these healthy, carrot cake protein bites courtesy of our follower Michelle! Michelle is a certified holistic nutritionist and we’re more than excited that she is sharing this incredible recipe with all of us today! Thanks Michelle!
Carrot Cake Protein Bites – Michelle
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 Tbsp hemp hearts - I used@manitobaharvest
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional - I used @genuinehealthVegan
- Fermented Vanilla proteins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes + 2-3 Tbsp for rolling
- 1 cup puffed rice or kamut cereal
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add the carrots to a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the puffed rice cereal and process.
- Stir in the cereal and roll in to balls.
- Spread the remaining coconut out on a plate and roll the balls in it to cover them.
- Refrigerate or freeze until eating.
Let us know if you give these a try! We’d love to hear how they turned out!
*** Here is the link to her original blog post: http://michellenutrition.ca/carrot-cake-protein-bites/