For many of us, March Break presents the opportunity to escape our harsh Canadian Winters for something a little
more favourable in the weather department! But for those of us that aren’t jetting off to a tropical destination for March Break, why not bring a taste of the Tropics right here to Ontario?! Although, can we really complain with this incredibly unseasonal AMAZING weather we’ve been having as of late?!
Regardless, we’re sharing a delicious, tropical mango banana smoothie with all of you TODAY! Enjoy!
Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie with Bremner’s – Brit, Team Ambrosia
Smoothies are amazing for a couple of reasons, A. they’re a GREAT quick and simple, “go-to”
breakfast for hectic mornings – which, lets face it are typically ALL mornings
– and B. depending on what ingredients you use, are an incredibly nutrient dense meal!
Furthermore, they’re even better
when you use whole, quality products like frozen fruits from Bremner’s! Bremner’s
is a family run business based out of BC, and consists of a couple of Certified Organic farms that grow everything from blueberries to cranberries to mangos, all the while utilizing earth friendly practices! Side Note:
Even their packaging
is Recyclable! How’s that
- ½ cup of Bremner's Frozen Mangos ** on SALE!
- ½ cup of Bremner’s Frozen Pineapples ** on SALE!
- Both of these beautifully coloured fruits are high in vitamin C and A! As well as flavonoids like beta-carotene!
- ½ Banana
- ½ cup of coconut water *** high in fiber and 5 essential electrolytes! This base will give your smoothie some natural tropical sweetness!
- ½ cup of natural orange juice
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil *** May seem odd, I know, but this will help add some healthy fats to your smoothie, allowing for proper breakdown of the fruits!! It will ALSO make you feel full longer!
- Goji Berries – to garnish *** Not necessary, I added this simply because it would look pretty! But aside from being aesthetically pleasing, this tropical super food IS packed with a ton of great nutrients (particularly high in fiber and antioxidants).
- Put all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until you reach desired consistency
- Garnish with Goji Berries